Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Summer Camp and a Realization

Children look forward for their summer holidays. As parents, we think thousand times what has to be given best to our children to make them happy and also to spend their time qualitatively. As a pressured mother, I too was looking options for summer camps which would fit right for my sons. Glad I found few and enrolled them which suited the best. They went happily, enjoyed and completed the camp.

One of these days, my elder son went for a chess class and happened to know of Archery class in a summer camp and he nudged me to enroll there. I registered him and he went to the class with lots of excitement. After coming back from the class, he wasn't happy. He told me the teacher wasn't teaching well and not using right words to speak to the child. I assured him, everything will be alright and he continued the next day.

The next day same complaint. I told him, "Child, if you don't raise up and speak for yourself the world is not going to take care of you. So next time if he using any word which bothers you, go talk to him". He was very scared to approach him at the beginning. Today he came back home and said, "I stood up and I spoke to him". I felt happy. 

Children should know how to disagree respectfully if something is not going okay with the teacher. The world is not comprised of kind people all the time. But if we know how to deal with people of all temperaments, we know how to move forward in life. As Adults, we should teach children to stand for themselves when something is not right. As a Mother, I felt happy that I educated my child to stand for himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment